Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Cherish | JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I think I must have Spring fever... I feel like it's been forever since I scrapped a really girly layout. Sometimes I just want to scrap pink flowers and yellow butterflies and imagine that Spring is just around the corner, especially when it's snowing outside (again!). I found the pretty JustNick Studio Boho Florals 3 and the Stems 5 digital cut files and created a gorgeous cluster to ground my photo. I was so happy to receive the new gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studios More Than Words collection just before the snowstorm. It's soft pastels were perfect for my Spring layout and this old black and white photo of my two girls. My Little Scrapbook store was awesome to let me preorder this Australian scrapbook manufacturer as it is difficult to find here in the States.


To add color behind my white cut files, I watered down some acrylic paint and painted a line of yellow, orange, and pink across my page and then tapped my paper to make the paint run. Then I added a few paint splatters and some stamped butterflies and I had a beautiful background!

Here are some detailed shots ....



To make my flowers and stems more interesting I added sequins to the center of the pink flowers and drew some lines on the leaves with a marker.




The paint and the grey leaf stems help make the white floral cut file pop instead of blending into the background.




Here are the digital cut files I used today ...

 Boho Florals 3

 Stems 5

Here is my process video if you are interested ...


I hope the rest of your week is fabulous! Take care,
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!